Robinablog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Faith for Miracles!

This is the "Faith for Miracles" crew, minus me (I'm taking the picture). When I was in college, at the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit, I worked for a local Christian television show. This was the days before cable- we were UHF!! Channel 62. Notice the red velvet chairs. Much of what I know (& practice) today as a Christian had formation during that short time on the set of a faith healing enterprise. I went in as a stone cold cynic. I THOUGHT I was applying for a job as a sound tech at the local jazz station, WJZZ. But it turned out to be this television show, and when I saw the set with the king and queen chairs, I tried to back out of the whole thing, but THE REV went aside and prayed, and came back and said that God had told him to hire me, even though he was not expecting or wanting to hire a woman for the position. So, in one of the scariest moments I've experienced, my first week on the job I went on as a LIVE sound technician, and eventually the live announcer as well. "LIVE....FROM DETROIT.......IT'S THE HAPPIEST COUPLE ON TELEVISION....RICHARD AND CLETA BROOKES!!!"

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing I believe every household in the city if Detroit watched Faith for a Miracle!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home