Robinablog

Friday, June 16, 2006

Cory Aquino & Robin

Cory Aquino is one of my heroes.
She may not have been one of the greatest presidents, and she did make some crucial mistakes.
But it took incredible courage to do what she did.
One thing I learned from her, is that Christian principles don't always cross over into politics. She tried to run the government from a Christian perspective, and occassionally that turned out to be a disaster. I learned that the Kingdom of God is completely different than the Kingdom of this world....we need to wait until Christ returns for some of the more utopian principles of Christianity to be applied widespread. In the meantime though, we ARE COMMANDED to live it out ourselves, even if we are relegated to our own counter-cultures.

Strange fact: her nephew hunted me down after meeting me in a sporting goods store (he was buying a new concealed weapons holster, I was buying a snorkel). He aggressively tried to court me, and what a tale that is. I dont think I have the photos to back it up, but i should write it down someday, it's a crazy story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home