Robinablog

Friday, June 23, 2006

ARRRAY!!!!

It will be this painful to leave my family for 5 weeks to head to the Philippines. In case you are wondering, this is a penitant during Holy Week, in Pangasinan, getting crucified.
We didnt receive enough money for our entire family to travel to the Philippines this summer (mahal nga! it's expensive--$10,000). But we did receive enough for one person--me-- to go. So, it is with great sorrow that I will leave my wonderful two little children....Mark on the other hand, after 15 years of marriage, 5 weeks is no big deal, ha-ha. OF COURSE I will miss him, but these little ones grow up DAILY; Mark & I just get older and fatter, 'di ba?
Here is the plan: I will leave July 13 until August 25. PBS did not raise the money needed for them to accompany us this summer, so they are not coming. That doesnt mean that the documentary plans are over, just delayed. I will be going over on a tour package, the Philippine Ambassador & Consulate General's Annual Tour, guests of the Dept of Tourism & Foreign Affairs. This will be nice since I will be arriving alone; I will be with them for the four day tour (staying at Makati ShangriLa), and then all of us are on our own. I will probably stay at Malate Pensionne. For all of you in the Philippines, I need to figure out what my cellphone # will be so that we can be in communication via text...but in the meantime, just email me. So much to do in so little time. This blogspot will be the place where I communicate. Come back soon! Mabuhay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home