Robinablog

Friday, June 16, 2006

Bobby Chalk

Lately I've been thinking about a superb former co-worker of mine, Bobby Chalk. Bobby played the electric organ during the tv show and the church services. He was such a classic performer, stirring up emotion right when needed, accentuating the proper emphasis of the preacher with those organ squeals, so dramatic. I wonder where Bobby Chalk is now. He was so good at what he did, and a real good "team player". Perhaps I've been thinking about Bobby Chalk because Bobby Jones is coming to town, to build a huge black gospel music center right here in Fort Lauderdale. We'll hear a lot of that type of organ music then.
When I found this photo recently, I was reminded of something I had forgotten: this photo was taken by another crew member (shown in the other posted photo) on the front lawn of my relatives house, where I lived in the east side of Detroit. We were shooting a commercial at the time, inside our house, using the kitchen sink because it was an ad for a water purifier. Later, I got into so much trouble. My aunt said the neighbors could see me with black people that I brought on the yard and in the house. Boy, was I in trouble! It just never occured to me that this was an issue. Actually, it wasn't so much that my relatives were prejudiced, but that they were caught up in an entire prejudiced society.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Robin

    This is Bobby. Please contact me
    310-720-1534.

    Bobby

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home